Friday, June 12, 2009

When is "The Kiosk Industry" going to put a stop to alleged scams like the "D.C. church" incident?

OK, I am sure everyone has seen the bad press about the "Prince George's County company accused of scamming churches" (see link below). As an industry veteran and kiosk / digital signage business owner, I take particular offense to these types of alleged scams and the negative press our generally honest, hard working and traditionally niche industry seems to get every couple of years. I wish there was a way to stop this sort of thing before it happens, but when people set their minds to take advantage of other people or businesses I guess it is difficult to stop, no matter what industry they target. I know an educated prospect or customer is the best defense against this type of criminal activity but that is easier said than done. Am I the only one, or is anyone else in the kiosk and digital signage space just as outraged as I am? What can we do to protect the kiosk industry's reputation? I would think this is a good topic for the next SSKA and DSA board meetings and the industry lunch during KioskCom Fall. What do you think?

http://www.gazette.net/stories/06102009/silvnew180954_32537.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment